›Inside Aerospace - An International Forum for Aviation and Space Leaders
The 2010 Inside Aerospace Forum will bring together leaders from the United States and abroad for a candid discussion of how to make aviation more energy efficient and “green” and how to effectively use aerospace technology to understand and limit climate change. The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) has partnered with the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences (ICAS) to understand how the aerospace profession can best address these important issues. Our theme of Making a Difference: Aerospace Leadership for Energy and Environmental Challenges encompasses two overarching topics:
- Energy and the “Greening” of Aviation
- Aerospace Leadership for Climate Change Understanding, Mitigation, and Adaptation
The forum will bring in the viewpoints of scientists, aerospace professionals, government officials, and representatives of non-governmental organizations. There will be keynote addresses each day to frame the issues, as well as panel discussions to provide in-depth analysis and an opportunity for audience interaction. Panel sessions will address the following topics:
Day 1: Energy and the “Greening” of Aviation
- Aviation – Current Energy Challenges
- Energy Policy – Current and Needed
- Conserving Energy through Operations
- Energy Efficiency through Technology
Day 2: Aerospace Leadership for Climate Change Understanding, Mitigation, and Adaptation
- Climate Observations and Policies – The Current Status
- Climate Change Mitigation Through Greenhouse Gas Reductions - Issues in Observations and Compliance Monitoring
- Enabling Effective Climate Monitoring and Emission Tracking – The Next 5 Years
- Providing Operational Climate Monitoring and Change Mitigation Solutions – Beyond 5 Years
A final session each day will summarize views, suggestions, and observations from that day’s panel discussions and set forth appropriate recommendations, along with milestones to measure progress toward their implementation. Following the forum, AIAA will produce a conference report documenting these assessments.
Attendance at this event is open to all interested parties, with directed invitations being extended to key decision makers from government, industry, academia, and applicable non-governmental organizations. Special events held in conjunction with the forum include the AIAA Fellows Dinner and the AIAA Aerospace Spotlight Awards Gala.
More info on this website!
Track this event on your google calendar