›12th Topical Seminar on Innovative Particle and Radiation Detectors
The Seminar is the twelfth in a series devoted since more than 20 years to experimental apparatus for high-energy particle physics and astrophysics. The previous ones were held in San Miniato (1984, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1993, 1996, 1998) and in Siena (2002, 2004, 2006, 2008). The 2010 Seminar will again focus on advanced technologies in particle physics at collider experiments, and in cosmic ray and astrophysics experiments, including balloon-borne and space based experiments. Special attention will be devoted to the application of these detectors in other fields, such as detectors for medicine and biology, security control, and environmental monitoring. The participation of representatives from industry will make it possible to discuss future applications of basic research. The Seminar will be based on review talks summarizing the progress of complex R&D projects and major facilities. Shorter talks will cover contributions on specific items. The presentation of posters is also foreseen.
- Tracking detectors
- Detectors for X and gamma ray astrophysics
- Cosmic ray experiments in space, on the earth's surface, and underground
- Neutrino experiments
- Radiation-hard detectors and electronics
- Detectors for medicine and biology
- Large X-ray systems for security control
- Simulations and new computing methods
- Detectors for environmental controls
More info on this website!
Track this event on your google calendar