›Satellite Communications training course (Satcoms 2010)
Guildford, University of Surrey
The IET’s Satellite Communication Systems course is recognised as one of the industry standard training courses for Satcoms.
Delegates benefit from a mix of taught sessions and unique industry project work, allowing them to test the knowledge accumulated during the week, ensuring everything taught is transferable to the workplace. The course also includes a technical visit to Surrey Space Centre.
- satellite broadcasting and DVB
- military satellite communications
- link budgets
- multiple access techniques
- payload engineering
- propagation interference and regulation
- internet service provision over satellite
- spacecraft engineering and operations
- mobile and satellite PCN
- modulation and modems
- satellite navigation and positioning
- satellite systems planning
- earth station engineering
The course is capped at 30 places to ensure maximum support from the course tutors, so early booking is recommended.