›Development and Cooperation in the Mediterranean region using satellite services
The Eurisy Conference "Development and Cooperation in the Mediterranean region using satellite services" has been re-scheduled for Spring 2011 (and will not take place on 14-15 October in
Rabat). The venue and exact dates remains to be defined.
This Conference aims to offer a forum to development experts, policy- and decision-makers at local, regional, continental and international levels, satellite service providers, civil society organisations and specialists of the Mediterranean region to:
- Exchange good practices on how satellite information and services help tackle the challenges around the Mediterranean
- Identify the needs of public administrations, businesses, civil society organisations and other potential users with regard to satellite services
- Analyse service providers' capacities to meet users' needs
- Initiate cooperation among service providers, and among users, around the Mediterranean
- Identify user requirements for infrastructure development
- Provide the resulting bottom-up feedback to decision-makers
This Conference takes place within a joint two year project (2010-2011) by Eurisy and the European Space Policy Institute (ESPI) addressing Euro-African cooperation on space applications for the development of Africa. It is sponsored by the European Space Agency.