›Satellite Communications Shorty Course
This popular and intensive course provides delegates with an in-depth background of satellite communication techniques as well as a state of the art update on key emerging technologies and future systems. The course is ideal for engineers practising within the Satellite Communications field or for those in allied fields requiring an update in this area. A basic knowledge of Communications is assumed. Professor Evan's book on “Satellite Communications Systems” – 3rd Edition will be included as part of the course. Discounts are given for IET members (proof of membership needed).
Through a series of intensive lectures and a hands-on project the course aims to:
• Provide an in-depth treatment of satellite communication systems operation and planning.
• Provide in-depth understanding of modern satellite multiple access, modulation and coding schemes.
• Review the state of the art in new research areas such as speech and video coding, satellite networking and satellite personal communications.
Delegates should leave the course with a knowledge of:
• Link budgets & planning
• Modulation, coding & multiple access
• Digital audio/video broadcasting
• Satellite Personal Communication Systems
• Satellite Networking
Plus a good all round idea of current and emerging systems and technologies for the future.
Because the course also gives emphasis to the theoretical aspects of the subject delegates will gain a comprehensive understanding of the field. Consequently they will be better placed to apply their knowledge to the workplace.
More info on this website!
Track this event on your google calendar