›United Nations/Japan Nano-Satellite Symposium
In-follow up to the series of three UN/Austria/ESA Symposiums on Small Satellite Programmes for Sustainable Development, held in Graz, Austria, from 2009 to 2011, the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs will organize International Symposiums on Basic Space Technology Development in the regions that correspond to the United Nations Economic Commissions for Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Western Asia, starting in 2012.
The first Symposium will be hosted by the University of Tokyo, co-hosted by the University Space Engineering Consortium (UNISEC) and held in Nagoya, Japan, in conjunction with the Japan Aerospace 2012. It will include the final presentations of projects submitted to the 2nd Mission Idea Contest, a poster session, discussions on space education related to small satellite development and sessions on the following topics:
- Session 1: Satellite Architecture and Technologies
- Session 2: Innovation in Satellite Development Process
- Session 3: Utilization/Applications of Micro- and Nano-Satellites
- Session 4: Standardization and Regulatory Issues
- Session 5: Strategies for Capacity Building