›SMOS & AQUARIUS Science Workshop
The main objectives of this workshop are to:
- Provide the SMOS and Aquarius science communities with
- o an overview on the present quality of the provided data, and
- o an outlook on future algorithm developments.
- Explore common L-band sensor and algorithm issues for sea surface salinity and soil moisture retrievals derived by SMOS and Aquarius data.
- Present broader science achievements of both missions, including modelling results.
- Explore synergistic use of and validation approaches for SMOS, Aquarius and other sensors’ data over land and ocean.
- Provide a forum for discussion on specific topics related to improving sea surface salinity and soil moisture retrievals through dedicated working groups.