›European Ground System Architecture Workshop (ESAW)
In continuing this highly successful series of Workshops, the European Space Agency’s Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) in Darmstadt, Germany, will host the 4th ESAW (European Ground System Architecture Workshop) workshop on 18 and 19 June 2013, under the auspices of ESA’s Human Spaceflight and Operations Directorate.
The ESAW Workshop provides an international forum for ground systems architects to constructively exchange ideas. The organisers invite presentations covering all aspects of ground systems related to space operations with a special focus on collaboration and common solutions.
There will be keynote speakers from ESA, National Agencies (e.g. ASI, CNES, DLR), Telecommunications Operators (e.g. Eutelsat, Inmarsat, SES Astra) and key IT companies.
Each sessions will address the architectures, methodologies, services, lessons learned, business cases and advanced technologies in each area. The following session will be held:
• Data System Architecture modelling
• Service-oriented architectures
• Space /ground link architectures
• Architecture of MCS, FDS, MPS, Back-End, SSA, IAP, EGSE, Archives, etc.
• Language trends
• Commercial off-the-shelf, open source components, and operational SW
• Software reuse
• Emerging ground system technologies and harmonisation
• IPR, 3rd Party rights and Licensing
• Third Party rights management
• Data systems security and information assurance
• Dual systems
Automation and Interoperability
• Automation and integrated services
• Interoperability and standards