›Space Exploration: How and Why?
The American adventure in space is at a crossroads. During a generation of unprecedented exploration, we sent humans to the moon, peered into deepest space to understand the dawn of the Universe, discovered new planets orbiting other stars, and sought abodes for life in our Solar System. But now the shuttering of the Space Shuttle program, the cost growth of space missions, and the squeeze on federal spending place NASA in peril. What do these developments mean for our future in the final frontier… and our own home? Will the US continue to lead the world in space? Should it? Can the private sector pick up the baton? What are the consequences if we fail?
- What vision or motivations will drive the future of space exploration?
- What is the optimal balance between commercial, private, and government sectors in exploring space?
- Why send humans into space?
- Will the solutions to resource challenges be found beyond our atmosphere?
- Does the study of other planets help us better understand our planet and secure its future?
- Why should we search for life on other worlds?
- How can universities and spaceflight companies engage intellectually?
More info on this website!
Track this event on your google calendar