›Social Media within the Defence and Military Sector
SMi Group are thrilled to present the 5th annual Social Media within the Defence & Military Sector conference, taking place on 19th & 20th November 2015 in Central London.
As cyber-attacks increase and extremist groups become more pervasive through sophisticated use of social media, we are entering into a new age whereby national security is not only determined by physical warfare and diplomatic reasoning but also by an increasing dependence on digital capabilities.
Following on from the huge success of previous sell-out shows, the only military focused social media event in the market returns to London this autumn to gather a global audience of leading militaries and defence institutions shaping the social media landscape.
Featured speakers include:
• Andrew Morton, Director of Social Engagement, SHRM
• Steven Mehringer, Head of Communication Services, Public Diplomacy Division, NATO HQ
• Mick Latter, Current Head of Digital & Media Engagement, Headquarter Corps of Army Music (Owner of Gannet Media Limited)
• David Ogen, Head of Careers Marketing, RAF
• David Tunney, Head of Social Media, European External Action Service
• Brigadier General Hans Damen, Netherland MOD, Royal Netherlands Army
• Giovanni Galoforo , Strategic Communication Instructor, Italian Navy Staff College – Intituto Studi Marittimi
• Cathy Milhoan , Director, DoD Production, Defense Media Agency
• Director General Janice Keenan , Marketing & E-Communication, Public Affairs, Department of National Defence
• Fredrick Johnsen , Communication Adviser, Norwegian National Security Authority
• Commander Peet Rood , Section Head Social Media and Productions, Allied Command Operations/Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe, Royal Netherlands Navy
Reasons to attend:
• Assess the latest social media platforms and cutting edge trends in engagement
• Hear about the most creative social media strategies implemented by leading international military organisations
• Understand how to use social media as a powerful tool to galvanise support, engage, retain and recruit
• Attend the interactive workshop hosted by the Former Foreign and Diplomatic Editor for Sky News, Tim Marshall
• Learn about the current methods and future trends of terrorist social media activity
• Debate the effect of operational awareness against operational security
• Analyse the risk of social media including activity by Hacktivists
• Review the Ukrainian conflict and ramifications on the social media landscape
More info on this website!
Track this event on your google calendar