›Near Space Conference 2019
The term of the workshops and the conference:
18/10/2019: workshops and launches of stratospheric baloons
19/10/2019: conference Near Space: Above and Beyond
Is space exploration and technologies important in our lives? How can I become a space explorer? What is necessary to explore near space? What achievements institutions from V4+ countries have in area of space exploration? For those and other questions the consortium members and invited speakers would like to answer during implementing a project Near Space 2019 Above and Beyond.
In recent years the cosmic industry in V4+ (members of Visegrad Fund, Western Balkans and Eastern partnership) countries has been booming. Additionally more and more funding is accessible for space science research for companies and research institutions. As a result companies and researchers from the V4+ countries are sending into orbit satellites used for scientific and commercial purposes and participate in missions to planets and other celestial bodies. It shows a great potential both scientific and business.
The main goal of the project is to show the broad range of recipients that the space exploration generally and near space exploration particularly is accessible virtually for everyone and it has an growing impact on our daily life.
Bearing that in mind, the intended project focuses on the following:
- to present achievement of V4+ countries in the area of near space exploration,
- to spark imagination of younger audience by showing that space is not a final frontier for humankind but a “land” of opportunity by i.e. giving an opportunity to conduct scientific experiments in near space using stratospheric balloons (miniSAT).
As a part of project`s implementation following tasks will be carried out:
- organizing a Near Space Conference 2019 Above and Beyond – during which speakers representing a diverse group of near space explorers and researchers will present their achievements and experiences,
- losses of stratospheric balloons with payload consisting of research equipment and miniSAT experiments,
- “space” mini – picnic – activities for Innovation Centre Mill of Knowledge visitors,
- developing educational meterials.
More info on this website!
Track this event on your google calendar