›BEACON - Biennial European Astrobiology Conference & EAI General Assembly 2020 - NEW DATES
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, the BEACON conference has been adjourned. Most likely dates are now 12-16 April 2021. We apologise for the inconvenience and hope to welcome you in La Palma in 2021 !
The Biennial European Astrobiology Conference (BEACON) will take place at the La Palma & Teneguia Princess Hotel on La Palma Island (Canary Islands, Spain) from 20-24 April 2020. During this meeting also the 2nd General Assembly of the EAI will take place. Scientific sessions are planned covering the following themes:
- Formation and Evolution of Planetary Systems and Detection of Habitable Worlds
- The Pathway to Complexity: From Simple Molecules to First Life
- Planetary Environments and Habitability
- Evolution and Traces of Early Life and Life under Extreme Condition
- Biosignatures and the Detection of Life beyond Earth
- Historical, Philosophical, Societal and Ethical Issues in Astrobiology
- Tracing Life and Identifying Habitable Environments
- Impacts and their Role in the Evolution of Planets, Moons and Life
- Protoplanetary disks and their physical and chemical processes
The meeting will be open to all interested scientists and students from Europe and beyond.