One of the main objectives and success factors of the annual Spaceport Norway conference, is to offer a venue for the interactive exchange of knowledge and perspectives between professionals across industries and disciplines, exploring innovation, business and partnership opportunities enabled by space science, technology and infrastructure. Since the current Covid-19 situation will limit the maximum number of people allowed to be gathered in one place for the rest of the year, the networking opportunities for which Spaceport Norway is so well known, will be limited.
We have been growing year by year since our first conference in 2017, and were looking forward to the fourth Spaceport Norway conference in Oslo in a big way. But we will have to wait for a year, public health and safety must come first.
This was a tough call to make – Spaceport Norway is an incredibly important and inspiring event for us, and a forward leaning meeting arena where multidisciplinary leaders, innovators, start-ups and students can meet world leading experts from NASA, ESA, UNOOSA, Norwegian Space Agency, Luxembourg Space Agency, Andøya Space Center, NAMMO, Equinor, Kongsberg Seatex, KSAT, Kjeller Innovasjon, Oceaneering, NTNU, iSpace and many others. It has always been a great experience for all attending the conference, and these many new encounters have generated new jobs, new partnerships and new companies. This is Spaceport Norway´s reason to exist – and we are just getting started.
So, what happens now?
- This is not a cancellation, so your tickets, stand packages and sponsor packages for Spaceport Norway 2020 is of course valid for Spaceport Norway 2021. We hope you will continue to support the event – that means a lot for us in these difficult times.
- We are working towards 8 and 9 September 2021 for the planned event. Please save those dates!
- We stay committed to Oslo! Spaceport Norway 2021 will be arranged in Oslo. We are looking for a good venue for 350-400 people now – will be communicated together with the final dates, as soon as we can confirm.
- The main theme planned for Spaceport Norway 2020, LIFE, will be the main theme for Spaceport Norway 2021. The program committee stays the same, and we hope the confirmed speakers for this year´s planned event will be able to join us in 2021 – this will be communicated at a later stage.
- We will extend the early bird prices to Friday 30 April 2021 (!). (We might be setting some kind of record doing so :)) We hope many of you will take advantage of the long, lower price period.You will always find your tickets on spaceport-norway.com
- We will continue our Student Sponsor-programs, and aim to get 100 students sponsored for the conference in 2021. 30 student tickets are already sponsored, we will work hard to get 70 more student tickets financed before September 2021.
In this unprecedented crisis, we have also started to discuss new ideas for how we can strengthen and grow our community in a safe way, finding new ways to share knowledge and exciting news from the space industry with more people, stay on our mission until we can meet again. More regular newsletters and social media updates are two of the lowest hanging fruits we commit to, but we want to do more and have some early stage concepts that need to be developed.
We are also interested in your ideas!
It may be about topics, speakers, technology want to know more about, science, anything that is connected to space as a significant and valuable part of our future on and off earth. Maybe your proposal will be a part of Spaceport Norway 2021, or lead to something new before then – please share your thoughts in the comments or send us a message.
The future for space science, innovation and business has never been more exciting, in despite of the challenging times we all are experiencing now.
Stay safe and healthy, and stay creative and inspired – see you in Oslo in 2021!
Tweets by spaceagenda