›Software Product Assurance Training for SMEs
This training course will take place online on 29 March 2022 at 09:00 CET.
Product Assurance (PA) is the discipline devoted to the study, planning and implementation of activities intended to assure that the design, controls, methods and techniques in a project result in a satisfactory degree of quality in a product.
This 1-day webinar aims at providing participants with an overview of the Software Product Assurance tasks to be performed throughout a project. It introduces aspects of a Software Product Assurance programme and how Software PA is implemented in projects.
ESA Software Product Assurance experts will guide attendees through four main sessions:
- Software in the Context of Space Projects
- Software Product Assurance Organisational Aspects / Software RAMS
- Product Assurance in the Software Life Cycle / Software Product Assurance challenges
- Software Product Assurance Across Processes
Practical exercises will complement the session.
This course is of particular interest to SMEs which have the intention to develop software for ESA or in the space context. It is targeted at participants working for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises in ESA Member States, Associate States or Cooperating States.
Although no previous software experience is required, it is recommended to have some background in Software Engineering.
The main objectives of the course are to:
- create an understanding of the importance of software PA for space activities
- learn about the importance of software in the system
- learn about software in the space project lifecycle and reviews
- understand the main aspects of a software PA programme
- learn about software RAMS (reliability, availability, maintainability, safety) activities
- learn about the handling of critical software
- learn about PA in the software life cycle
- understand software PA challenges
- get introduced to aspects of software process assessment and improvement
A maximum of 2 participants per company can be admitted. There are 30 seats available. Preference will be given to participants from Small and Medium-sized Enterprises. Please provide your esa-star entity code upon registration if available.Tweets by spaceagenda