›UK in the 2020s - An Emerging Space Power
19 May 2021 - 20 May 2021
No.4 Hamilton Place, London, UK
09:00 - 17:00
At a time when the UK is seeking to stimulate future growth across the globe through new trading relations and partnerships, the space sector is well placed to capitalise on achievements over the previous decade, with the use of space and satellite technology now seen as mainstream in the marketplace.
The 2021 RAeS Space Conference will be a must attend, high profile and exciting 2-day event. It will focus on current and evolving market trends in the global space sector, how these will shape the international business ecosystem in the 2020's, and in what areas the UK can take commercial leadership.
Day 1: Focus on International Partnerships and Growth
Space sector leaders from across the globe (including from North America, Europe, and Asia) will showcase high impact commercial and technological approaches and discuss existing and emerging mechanisms for collaboration with the UK to stimulate growth. A series of presentations and panel sessions will span the following topics:
- What will a 2030 "space-enabled" world look like?
- How space technology is being used internationally to stimulate sector growth
- What are the current ambitions and delivery mechanisms of space businesses and nations from across the globe?
- What is the existing international trading ecosystem and how can the space sector flourish?
Day 2: Focus on National Strategy, Technology & Skills
Day 2 will focus on the national activities that must be undertaken to support and underpin the international collaboration and growth ambitions discussed during Day 1. The likely near and longer-term leadership opportunities for the UK will be discussed and explored by technology, business and government leaders from all parts and regions of the UK.
- What are the near-term opportunities for the UK to take global leadership?
- What is the emerging national research and development that can underpin UK commercial success during the 2020's?
- How can we fuse expertise and capability from across all regions of the UK to create the "best of British" in our sector?
- What actions should we undertake to help nurture and attract the next generation of talent into our sector?
Make sure you are a part of this important discussion and join us in London on 19-20 May 2021.
If you would like to register your interest to book onto this event, please contact the RAeS Events Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Keynote Speaker: Amanda Solloway MP, Minister for Science, Research and Innovation
Amanda Solloway MP was appointed the Minister for Science, Research and Innovation in 2020. She hold’s ministerial responsibility for; space, science and research, innovation, technology and intellectual property. Amanda was elected as Conservative MP for Derby North in 2015 and again in 2019 and was previously a Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State in the Department for International Trade.
Tweets by spaceagenda