›Munich Satellite Navigation Summit 2012
The Munich Satellite Navigation Summit 2012 will be held in the famous “Residenz München”, Germany March 13-15, 2012. It has been established as the European and International conference with global impact featuring invited high-ranking worldwide speakers from industry, science and governments dealing with the directions of satellite navigation now and in the future.
The Summit starts on March 13, 2012 with the Exhibition Opening and Champagne Reception at 16.30 hrs. The technical programme of the conference starts with the Opening Plenary Panel discussing the topic “GNSS and Security” at 17.15 hrs. Afterwards the Bavarian State Reception in the famous ”Residenz München” is giving opportunities for networking.
The technical program of the Munich Satellite Navigation Summit includes plenary discussions among invited speakers and presents a concise update on the main activities in worldwide satellite navigation systems, in particular on
- the progressing development of the European satellite navigation system Galileo,
- the modernization of the US Global Positioning System (GPS-III),
- the development of new (regional) satellite systems like the Chinese COMPASS ,
- the Japanese QZSS and the Indian IRNSS,
- the development of new regional augmentation systems,
- other exciting worldwide activities in the field of GNSS maritime, aviation and land
- service creation as well as legal questions,
- GMES and the
- Public Regulated Service.
The Munich Satellite Navigation Summit will further highlight the creation of new applications and services in
- satellite navigation, in combination with
- telecommunication and
- information technology, in particular geo-information technology
Various sessions will feature discussions among invited panellists talking about perspectives and critical issues in various rapidly growing application scenes of satellite navigation, in particular with Galileo. Brief presentations and statements of the panellists are initiating each session. An interactive question and answer period with the auditorium is closing the topic.
A special session on the Chinese Compass is planned. A new part of the Summit will be dedicated to the current status and perspectives of the European Earth monitoring programme GMES. In addition a session on the Galileo Public Regulated Service (PRS) and related aspects is envisaged.
Again in 2012:
- An exhibition for industry and institutions is taking place during the conference.
- The Galileo Master competition will be opened
- A new part will be dedicated to the current status and perspectives of the European
- Earth monitoring programme GMES. Alongside technical and political updates on
- „Global Monitoring for Environment and Security“ the session will also give insight
- into services and applications enabled by the programme..
The Summit is part of the efforts of the Bavarian government and the cluster on aerospace and satellite navigation to stimulate applications and services in this high-tech field.
More info on this website!
Track this event on your google calendar