›Third International Workshop on AM CVn stars
Following the workshops in Nijmegen and Cape Town, we are pleased to announce the third AM CVn workshop to be held at the University of Warwick April 16-20 2012. The near future offers a rich landscape of facilities relevant to the study of these systems including several large transient/variability driven projects, GAIA, wide-field optical/IR surveys and new instrumentation. The aim of the workshop is to not only bring together the active community working on the accreting AM CVn stars but also forge and strengthen links with related topics such as detached compact binaries, post common-envelope systems, mergers and related theory and modelling.
- Population characteristics of the currently known systems
- The formation and evolution of double white dwarf binaries and related systems
- AM CVn progenitors and alternative end-products
- Long-term studies including period evolution and variability
- Hydrogen-deficient accretion
- The status of the sub-10min systems
- Donor star evolution
- Connections with CVs, (ultra-compact) XRBs and Type Ia progenitors
- Exploiting upcoming facilities, surveys and missions
- Modelling and merger simulations
More info on this website!
Track this event on your google calendar