›ESTL Space Tribology Course
As with previous years ESTL will be holding their Space Tribology Course (STC) at the same location on the 2 days prior to ESMATS. Delegates will be able to book both events through this web site with a single booking when it opens for registration in March 2013.
Space Tribology Course delegates are encouraged to book early to be sure of a place - registrations in previous years have closed early due to being fully booked several weeks prior to the event - and also to assist the organisers in event arrangements.
Participants will learn:
- Techniques of applied design of tribological components including mechanisms, bearings and gears
- How to define and apply criteria for the selection of designs
- How to define and apply criteria for the selection of materials
- How theories of lubrication affect critical design and manufacturing decisions
- Qualification test procedures including thermal vacuum testing of mechanisms
- The course includes training in:
- Solid Lubricants including molybdenum disulphide, thin lead films and self lubricating bearing cages
- Fluid Lubricants including Pennzane and Fomblin Z25
- Space qualified materials including structural materials, vacuum compatibility and use of heritage data