›Space Generation Forum 2.0
In 1999, at UNISPACE III, the Space Generation Advisory Council was created. At this time the Space Generation Forum was held and it was recommended “to create, within the framework of the Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space, a consultative mechanism to facilitate the continued participation of young people from all over the world, especially young people from developing countries and young women, in cooperative space-related activities”. SGAC would like to celebrate this historic event by hosting the second Space Generation Forum, now known as Space Generation Forum 2.0, in the form of a pre-twentieth anniversary event.
To bring together all the different SGAC generations to celebrate SGAC’s creation at UNISPACE III and to discuss how SGAC’s activities should continue to evolve considering the UNISPACE+50 recommendations and specific aspects related to the United Nations Office of Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) and the Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (COPUOS) and its subcommittees.
To create a capacity building event that allows SGAC members to better understand UNOOSA, COPUOS, and international aspects of space from various perspectives
Showcase SGAC’s roots and connection to the United Nations (in particular to the United Nations Office of Outer Space Affairs and the Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space and its subcommittees)
Create outcomes based on the 4 thematic pillars of UNISPACE+50 which paves the way toward Space 2030
Present outcomes in the form of a conference room paper and technical presentation at UNISPACE+50
- Working Group 1: Young Women in the Space Sector
- Working Group 2: Space and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Working Group 3: Space for Earth: Including Disaster Management and Low-emission, Resilient Societies
- Working Group 4: Capacity Building in the Space Sector
- Working Group 5: Building Partnerships in Space with Industry and the Private Sector
- Working Group 6: Space Weather
- Working Group 7: Space for Global Health
More info on this website!
Track this event on your google calendar