›10th Advanced Training Course on Land Remote Sensing
The European Space Agency (ESA) is organising an Advanced Training Course on Land Remote Sensing with the focus on Earth Observation and Artificial Intelligence for Forestry. This course is dedicated to training the next generation of Earth Observation (EO) scientists and experts working in forestry domain to exploit data from EO missions (e.g. the Copernicus Sentinels) and use Artificial Intelligence (AI) for science and applications development. The course is part of ESA’s EO Science for Society – Scientific Exploitation element of EOEP-5 (the fifth cycle of ESA’s Earth Observation Envelope Programme).
The 5-day course will be held at the University of Ljubljana in Slovenia from 20 to 24September 2021 (postponed from Sep 2020). Post graduate, PhD students, post-doctoral research scientists and professionals from European countries and Canada interested in the applications of Earth Observation and Artificial Intelligence for Forestry are welcome to apply for the course. Research scientists, students, EO and AI professionals from all other countries are also welcome to apply, subject to availability of space.
- Create a user account in the ConfTool portal and fill in the online application form (will be available early in 2021)
- Enter a title and short abstract for a poster to be presented in the poster session (mandatory)
- Upload a reference letter from an academic referee or employer (mandatory)
- After acceptance to the course: upload the full poster in pdf. Full guidelines for poster preparation will be sent in due time.
- The application will be considered completed once the poster abstract and reference letter have been submitted
- Number of participants is limited to a maximum of 80 students and is subject to a selection procedure by the organising committee
- The academic referee will be notified once the application has been submitted
- Notification of acceptance will be sent early July 2021
- No participation fee is foreseen. Participants are expected to cover their own travel and accommodation expenses (financial support is not available)
- The official language of the training course is English.
Tweets by spaceagenda