›Conference for Undergraduate Women and Non-binary Physicists 2022
Join us in April 2022 for the next CUWiP UK and Ireland, jointly hosted by the universities of Glasgow and Strathclyde
The Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics UK and Ireland (CUWiP UK and Ireland) is a three-day conference bringing together undergraduates who identify as women or non-binary. The goal is to encourage undergraduates to continue in physics by focusing on their development as a scientist and showcasing options for their educational and professional futures.
Are you a woman or non-binary student enrolled in undergraduate physics at a UK or Republic of Ireland university? If so, consider joining us at the next CUWiP UK and Ireland, being held from 7-10 April 2022 in Glasgow, Scotland. We are aware that some students will be observing Ramadan during dates of CUWiP2022, and will put provisions in place for students fasting at the conference.
By attending this conference, you can:
- improve your knowledge of physics and astronomy;
- meet inspirational women in physics;
- connect and share your experiences with other physics students; and
- increase your confidence to apply for postgraduate studies or start a career in physics. (Before coming to the conference in 2020, 32% of attendees said they felt confident enough to apply for postgraduate studies, after the conference, the number rose to 53%, and 73% felt confident that they would be successful in a physics career – an increase from 38% before the conference.)
The programme includes:
- presentations by distinguished physicists on their cutting-edge research and personal career paths;
- expert panels answering questions on graduate study and career opportunities in academia;
- a workshop on imposter syndrome and assertiveness;
- a job fair and industry careers panel;
- a panel on intersectionality; and
- social networking opportunities.